Rajiv Ranjan, an M Phil Candidate in Chinese Studies at the Centre, recapitulates the findings of the Zhang Shulan.
Environment protection in
She traces the history of development of ENGOs in China and confirms that in 1978, the “China Society for Environmental Science”, set up in Beijing, was first ENGO. Nonetheless, it was created by government. Ironically, many Chinese scholars believe that the first environmental NGO in
Overall, the specialty of China's ENGOs consists in the following: firstly, they are single-issued, seldom care about other social problems which are unconcerned with environmental problem. Secondly, majority of
Comments and Questions:
1. By very definition NGO signifies its meaning.
2. Do NGOs have any role of crisis evolving in
3. What is role of the NGOs in
4. What is the idea of environment relocation on dams and what role NGOs play in this regard?
5. Are NGOs based on single issue like environment or they also operate on multiple issues?
6. Why there are no NGOs in